Friday, June 5, 2009

TRICK.CENT.EE

The legendary Mary Ward had did it again! After last years amazing art show, echo, it was a tough act to follow. This year¸Eccentrick, has defiantly measured up to its highest potential.

The circus themed art show stretch from the visual art room to the tech rooms. Every inch of the halls and rooms are filled with visual art, media art and photographs. Not that I’m blowing my own horn, but Mary Ward’s art show has never failed to surprise me and this year was no different. To hear the numerous compliments makes the amount time, money and effort spent on the art show worthwhile.

I also got to view a few of the grade tens and grade 12 films. Though the grade ten videos were obviously not at the same level as the grade twelve, but they were still very striking. One of the movies I especially like was the battery movie, simple yet entertaining. This year art show also incorporated a graffiti station which turned out to be a huge hit. Many people had fun watching students rap and dance. With so many impressive pieces of work in the art show it is hard to pick a piece of art I especially like. But if I were to pick I believe the trains in the entrance really grasped the theme well. The mask done by the grade twelve were also very impressive. Each masked represent a different message, each so different yet similar.

Eccentrick was a huge success thanks to the students and staff from the art department. I can’t wait till the next art show!

0 comments: