Thursday, June 4, 2009

Gaming Gone Wild





Since as long as I could remember, my life has been surrounded by piles and piles of technology. Seeing as that I am of the later generation, it is of no surprise that most of my free time is spent on the computer. With a rather strict father, hand –held games and games systems are absolutely prohibited. On the other hand my mom loves “gaming”, she finally manage to persuade my dad to allow a Nintendo Wii game system in the house. With the new game system, I feel that it is my duty to make up for the years that I have missed. From guitar hero to cooking mama I’ve played it all. Times seem to fly when I’m on the Wii. If not for the Wii’s game log, I would not realize the amount of time I spent hovering in front television set.

I have even reached extremes from staying up till 3 am in the morning trying to finish all the recipes from cooking mama to playing guitar hero till my wrist ached. Fatigue , aching wrists, flying remotes are only a few symptoms of a new Wii system in the house and i have experienced it all.

Though a great amount of my time is lost on the Wii. I believe that Wii has it's positive points also. Wii is a negotiation between video games and exercise.It also has actually offered some quality time with my family. Often we spend time as a family playing on the Wii and watching my mom box with my dad on the Wii is quite the scene. Though video games are often portraid as an absolutly negative invetion. I believe that a moderate amount of video games is acceptable.


Wii game system: $ 259.95.

DDR Hottest Party: $76.79.

Time Wasted: uncountable

Watching your dad struggle on the DDR mat PRICELESS.

1 comments:

PheeBee said...

Well, I agree with you that technology always surrounds us and that it provides lots of entertainment for our generation. Through all the positive and negative factors of techonology, I believe that it is acceptable for kids our age to have a little outlet for the stress from school, so I'm all for the Wii! xD I should get one soon. I liked the last part with the prices...I want to see your dad struggle!!! xD